Another great article for our kitchen soldiers
A detailed and yummy receipe by Chopsticks and Musings
Chicken & Veggie Stir-Fry Recipe
Posted on 5 Days Ago by Romi
Reading my blog you’ll discover one of my greatest joys in life is food. Cooking it, eating it, seeing it – I love it! That being said, it makes sense that from time to time I’ll share some recipes of the stuff I make at home here in Hong Kong, as well as restaurant reviews (which we frequently go to, you know, livin’ the life and all).
Today I want to share a pretty simple and straightforward recipe for a chicken stir fry, with lots of veggies, spices and seeds (which I love adding to food).
I’ll start by saying that in our home we like things kind of spicy, which is why you’ll see hot chili peppers, garlic, ginger and also crushed chili in my recipe. Feel free to leave the chilli out completely or put a little less if you don’t like it so hot.
What you’ll need:
1 large deep frying pan with lid
3 chicken breasts, cut in half width-wise then cut into strips
1 large onion, halved and then cut in half rings
2 medium-large carrots, cut into strips
9-10 small bell peppers in different colors or 3 regular bell peppers, cut into strips
1 pack of mushrooms (brown or white), sliced
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1-2 teaspoons ginger, chopped (to taste)
2 small hot chili peppers, chopped
1 parsley bunch, chopped
a handful of each – pumpkin seeds, pine nuts, sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Spices – salt, pepper, garlic, chili, parsley flakes, sweet paprika (to taste)
1 tablespoon each – sweet chili sauce & balsamic vinegar
1. Start by sauteing the onions, season them with all the spices and stir until they become slightly golden.
2. Next, add the chicken strips and stir until all chicken pieces are white and you can’t see any raw parts.
3. Add in the garlic, chili peppers and ginger and season with some more salt and pepper.
4. Throw in the carrots and bell peppers and stir to combine.
5. Add both sauces, stir, add a bit of water (about half a cup) and put the lid on. stir every couple of minutes for about 10 minutes, or until you see the liquid becomes more like a sauce and less like soup.
6. Add the mushrooms and combine so that they’re covered with the sauce. put the lid on again for 3-4 more minutes.
7. Meanwhile, you can also make some rice
8. By now, the water should have reduced and become a bit thicker like sauce, you can add a bit more sweet chili sauce if you like the taste and stir. Next, add all the seeds and pine nuts and stir. Last but not least, throw in the chopped parsley.
9. Check that all the veggies are softer but still crunchy, add some more of the spices if you feel like anything is missing and you’re good to go!
10. serve on rice and dig in!
If you try this recipe I would love to hear your thoughts! Share them in the comments below, along with any ideas or suggestions.
Sign in or register to add a comment.
Add a Comment
Welcome to swap-it-hk.com
Business promotions - advertising
Housing - for rent
Housing - for sale
HKBN Broadband - 17 months left on great broadband deal 175HKD Speed/ 1000M
** FOR Sale ** GREAT DEAL: Sharp 46" TV plus Philips Home Theater System COMBO
Sharing a great article - Top 10 Craft Lovers Location In Hong Kong
Hand made iron pipe desk lamp - great task architect lamp
Terms of Service
Useful Hints and Tips
Created with PlushForums
© 2018 Swap-it-hk : the premium buy sell and trade channel in Hong Kong